Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Riley Blake Chevron Stash-- Top #1

Remember how I won the Riley Blake fat quarter bundle?  Well, that lovely chevron has been stacked on my shelf and staring at me, begging me to use it.  So yesterday, during naps, I finally acquiesced and made this peasant top for Riley.
I wanted something that popped, so I grabbed a solid black cotton that I had.  But I didn't want a black-and-white contrast, so I went with the tonal aqua chevron.  I wanted it to be good for layering as we go into Fall, so I made wider sleeves and a tighter neckline (so a t-shirt wouldn't peek out the top). 
 I haven't actually sewn a peasant top in a while.  I love what a quick project it is.  And it's pretty forgiving.  I didn't use a pattern for this one. 
 Now onto the next chevron!  Maybe a little sumpin-sumpin for Brooksy-boy?

3 comments:

  1. what a great top for your daughter - and great stash buster too! I'm currently attempting to sew my boys' fall/winter wardrobe with only upcycled materials or things in my stash - I'd love for you to come check it out! ~Suzanne
    http://winterwonderingswanderingswhatnot.blogspot.com/2012/08/project-0-updates-competitive-nature.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great top! I love her boots too! I'd love you to link up to WKWW-What Kids Wore Wednesday at ONE little MOMMA.

    http://onelittlemomm.blogspot.com/2012/08/wkww-what-kids-wore-wednesday_28.html?utm_source=bp_recent&utm-medium=gadget&utm_campaign=bp_recent

    Kilee
    www.onelittlemomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What a great back to school look! I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the fabric! Thanks for partying with us at Link It Up Thursday.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)