Thursday, December 29, 2011

beginning of an adventure

On my other blog, Green is the New Black, I have a couple different readerships... or at least I hope I have a couple different readerships.  First, I have the family.  I haven't done an official poll, but I'm thinking they like pictures of the kids and stories of all our exciting adventures.  They may even enjoy a picture or two of Mike and me... though those are probably not the biggest incentives.  But I also hope that I have people who like to see what I'm creating, sewing-wise.  I'm not sure if those people exist, but by-golly, I really want them to.  However, I have a feeling that my sewing stories can be a little yawn-producing to the fambly-types.  And if nothing else, they're not always in the grandfathers' wheelhouses.  So here we are, at a new blog address.  And speaking of the address, YES.  It is super cheesy.  Am I afraid of a little cheesiness?  No.  So you better watch out. That kind of thing can happen around here.

It's probably a good idea for me to lay out a few goals for this here blog, so let's get started:
1. share different clothing I've made for the kiddos
2. give ideas for fun activities/crafts/art projects to do with little ones
3. be super entertaining, so that I attract everyone who has a sense of humor, crafters/sewers or no
4. realize that it's ok not to be too entertaining; settle for recording things I've made, just for the sheer joy of it
5. post tutorials for different articles of clothing, so those reading can make them, too

That shouldn't be too hard, right?  It may be slow-going, but we'll try to make it work.  I'd love for you to join me.  Really.  Please?

I love love love sewing; it's my happy place/get-away.  It's fun and satisfying, and it's also a stress-release for me.  I'm hoping there are a few people out there who feel the same way and will want to read these little blurbs I type.  I even have my first article of clothing to share.  So with that-- on to the first non-intro entry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)